Apply now for the United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA) 2023. The Kenya Country office is looking for fifteen (15) motivated volunteers to join its advisory panel. Innovative youths who are ardent about Sexual Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR) and are interested in adding to the well-being of the youths in Kenya through volunteering.
The UNFPA is a UN agency that ensures that every young person’s potential is utilized in realizing this mandate. They will also ensure that the programs are responsive to the needs of young people to allow them to learn and contribute to the policies affecting them.
The UNFPA Youth Advisory Panel is a mechanism that allows young people to exercise their currency, age, and lived realities to contribute to the achievement of health outcomes under SDG 3.
Eligibility and Requirements for the United Nations Population Fund
Participants must meet the following:
- Participants must be between the ages of 18-24 as of the day of application.
- Participants must be able to speak, write, and read English and Kiswahili with proficiency.
- Participants must be passionate about adolescent and youth SRHR.
- Participants must be from the following 12 UNFPA Focus counties as follows: Bungoma, Kwale, Garissa, Baringo, Kitui, Turkana(Refugee camps-Kakuma and Kalobyei), Mandera, Migori, Wajir, Isiolo.
- Young participants within Nairobi with disabilities, living with HIV, in humanitarian situations, and key populations are strongly encouraged to apply.
What You Stand to Gain from the United Nations Population Fund
Participants will stand to gain the following:
- The UNFPA Youth Advisory Panel is a mechanism that allows young people to exercise their currency, their age, and their lived realities to contribute to achieving health outcomes under SDG 3.
- In this sense, the Panel will attest to UNFPA’s vision and conceptual shift. Instead of the young working for the UNFPA, the UNFPA will be working with young people to ensure youth-friendly approaches and actions.
The application deadline is the 13th November, 2023.
Click here to apply.
For more information, visit the official webpage of the United Nations Population Fund UNFPA.