A call for proposals for the USADF. United States African Development Foundation (USADF), in partnership with the Stanbic Business Incubator Limited (SBIL) and Stanbic Bank Uganda (SBU), is inviting micro, small, and medium enterprises (MSMEs), cooperatives to apply for grant financing and local support. USADF aims to support and upgrade its internal processes to meet the investment requirements of commercial investors.
The USADF is an independent U.S. government agency established by Congress by investing directly in African grassroots. The USADF has increased development by helping community-led businesses in the pan-African network by supporting African design to provide African solutions. The USADF gives grants capital, assistance, and opportunities to develop, grow, and scale African entrepreneurs.
They increase revenues and jobs by encouraging self-reliance and bringing solutions to poverty. The agency addresses challenges in food supply, energy, and employment among women and youth.
They invest in agricultural cooperatives to better enterprise management skills and improve production and distribution to larger markets. The agency partners with the government and corporations. They invest in African ideas and provide seed capital for entrepreneurs.
Eligibility and Requirements for the USADF Accelerator
Applicants must meet the following:
- The organization must show that it has functioned for two years (2), has two hundred (200) active suppliers, and can use grants.
- Applicants proposals will only be accepted from registered agricultural cooperatives, producer groups, and agricultural processors in Zimbabwe working directly in the wheat, livestock, horticulture, maize.
- The applicant’s proposal should include, but is not limited to information technology, and agricultural solutions using renewable energy.
- The applicant’s solution must show its commitment to benefit their community.
- The organization must be able to give an account for two years.
- Applicant’s organizations must be 100% African-owned and led by African founders.
- Have a clearly defined market opportunity to grow revenues that can increase incomes.
- Applicant’s proposal must clearly define a plan to increase revenue in 2- 4 years.
- Applicant’s proposal must be able to directly impact hundreds of people, and the community.
- The applicant’s proposal must identify a clear path for growth after the USADF grant ends.
- Applications that incorporate innovative strategies will be given special consideration.
- Applicants from women-owned organizations or promoting youths will also be given special consideration.
What You Stand to Gain from the USADF Accelerator
Selected applicants will receive a maximum award of US $250,000.
Applications must include financial statements for the last 2 years and registration documents.
Click here to apply.
Applications are received throughout the year.
For more information, visit the official webpage of the USADF.