Are you a serving NYSC member? here is an opportunity to gain decision-making skills, business management skills, and business development skills that will prepare you for life after the service year and land you a good job. The Venture in Management Program (ViMP) is calling young Nigerians into their annual intensive program.
The program is organized by JA Nigeria in partnership with Lagos Business School (LBS). The Venture in Management Program (ViMP) aims to equip selected members of the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) and recent graduates (up to 27 years old) with essential skills for the workforce. The program provides insights into various aspects of business management, facilitates important decision-making abilities, and fosters general management skills.
About Venture in Management Program (ViMP)
ViMP (Venture in Management Program) is an annual program organized by Junior Achievement Nigeria since 2000. It is a one-week intensive session to introduce selected members of the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) to various aspects of business management, decision-making, and general management skills. The primary objective of ViMP is to prepare NYSC members for future roles as managers and entrepreneurs in the business world.
The program offers a comprehensive learning experience through classroom sessions facilitated by experts from the Lagos Business School. These sessions include engaging activities such as case studies, panel discussions, study groups, guest speakers, and recreational activities. A key highlight of the program is a strategy workshop where participants present solutions to real business problems.
The learning environment in Venture in Management Program (ViMP) reflects that of top business schools worldwide, with a focus on topics such as business ethics, accounting and finance, marketing, strategy, social enterprise, general management, leadership, and entrepreneurship. Additionally, participants are involved in a community service project and have the opportunity to teach Junior Achievement Nigeria programs in nearby elementary schools.
For this year’s Venture in Management Program (ViMP), a total of 100 participants will be accepted into the program. The delivery mode will be a hybrid approach, with 70 participants attending in person and the remaining 30 participating virtually.
To be eligible for the Venture in Management Program (ViMP), applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Youth Corps Member: Applicants should be serving Youth Corps Members at the time of application or must have recently completed their National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) program.
- Age Requirement: Applicants must be 27 years old or younger.
- Academic Excellence: Applicants should have a minimum of a 2:1 (Second Class Upper Division) academic record from a recognized institution.
- Interest in General Management: Applicants should demonstrate a strong interest in general management and a desire to develop their skills in this area.
- Leadership Track Record: Applicants should have a track record of leadership, showcasing their ability to take initiative and lead others.
- Previous JAN Program Participation: Participation in previous programs organized by Junior Achievement Nigeria (JAN) will be considered an added advantage.
To apply for the Venture in Management Program (ViMP), follow these steps:
- Complete the application form. Make sure to fill in all the required information accurately.
- Prepare your Curriculum Vitae (CV) and save it with your full name.
- Gather proof of your service, either your NYSC ID Card or Call-Up Letter.
- Compile all the supporting documents, including the completed application form, CV, and proof of service.
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and attach the supporting documents. Make sure to include your full name in the subject line of the email.
Application Deadline: Tuesday, July 18, 2023
Types of opportunity: Training Program
Deadline: July 18, 2023
Open to: Serving NYSC members
Duration: One week
Organizer: Junior Achievement Nigeria.