Apply now for the 2024 WFP Innovation Stability and Peace Accelerator Program for Startups (US$30,000 Equity-Free Grant). Applications are now open for the 2024 WFP Stability and Peace Accelerator Program.
WFP Innovation Accelerator Program is calling on innovators, entrepreneurs, and changemakers to come forward with groundbreaking solutions that can drive resilience, ensure food and nutrition security, enhance climate adaptability, and promote social cohesion and sustainability among communities battered by conflict and fragility.
Eligibility and Requirements for the WFP Innovation Stability and Peace
Participants are to meet the following:
- Participants must have both low and high-tech solutions tailored to meet the distinct challenges present in Fragile and Conflict-Affected Settings (FCAs) specifically in Nigeria, Kenya, Jordan, and Yemen.
- Strong “wildcard” entries are encouraged.
- Participants should have exceptional innovations that hold the potential to address these challenges on a significant scale.
- Participant’s organization must be an established legal entity (for-profit, not-for-profit, social business, NGO, INGO).
- Participant’s organizations should have a presence or willingness to build a presence in one of the four countries of implementation (Jordan, Kenya, Nigeria, or Yemen).
- The innovation must address one or more of the priority innovation areas related to pressing challenges faced in the country of implementation.
- The innovation should have reached the minimum viable product stage (MVP) and is ready for scale.
- The innovation should have a clear and potential plan to implement during the six-month Sprint.
- The solutions are expected to have strong intentions to enable collaboration with relevant stakeholders, build a solid ground with CGIAR country offices, and connect with the innovation ecosystems.
- Participants should demonstrate a clear need for research and development for the conceptual and commercial development of their innovation.
What You Stand to Gain from the WFP Innovation Stability and Peace
Selected organizations will receive the following:
- Selected participants will receive a six-month Sprint acceleration program combining business-oriented training, mentoring, and science-based technical assistance from the WFP Innovation Accelerator.
- Selected participants will have access to the research network of CGIAR, the world’s largest publicly funded research-for-development organization.
- Selected participants will have an in-country strategy workshop to kick off implementation.
- They will each receive a US$30,000 equity-free grant for innovations with a proven sustainable business model and scaling plan.
- They will gain exposure to national and international funders.
- Selected participants will continue to enjoy post-acceleration support.
Application Process for the WFP Innovation Stability and Peace
The application deadline is the 16th of February, 2024.
Click here to apply.
For more information, visit the official webpage of the WFP Innovation Stability and Peace Accelerator Program.