Apply now for the 2024 African Women Entrepreneurship Cooperative Program for African Female Business Owners (Cohort 7). Applications are now open for the African Women Entrepreneurship Cooperative (AWEC) Programme Cohort 7.
The African Women Entrepreneurship Cooperative is an innovative, 12-month leadership and business management capacity-building program that accepts 200 female entrepreneurs annually. During the two-week application period, AWEC receives an average of more than 2,000 applications for just 200 program spots.
Participants will learn about the purpose and impact of AWEC on women-owned businesses., and will get exclusive insider tips on how to write a killer application and get a taste of the AWEC experience in a fun activity to help your business stand out from the crowd.
The program is a free interactive mini-course that will help participants think about their business deeper and teach them how to write a well-rounded application. They will learn how to talk about and describe their business clearly and concisely.
Eligibility and Requirements for the Women Entrepreneurship Cooperative
Participants that meet the below requirements are to apply:
- Participants must be female to apply.
- The program is only available for African countries.
- Participants must be a for-profit business owner in operation for at least two (2) years in any industry with at least two (2) employees, full-time or part-time.
- Only one person per business is to apply.
- Aspiring entrepreneurs with a business plan who have not yet launched are to apply
- Participants must have access to a reliable internet connection with sufficient bandwidth for video calls over the 12 months.
- Participants must have a working proficiency in English.
The application deadline is the 28th of January, 2024.
Click here to apply.
For more information, visit the official webpage of the African Women Entrepreneurship Cooperative Program.