A call for applications for the Womhub Africa Innovation fellowship 2023. The Africa Innovation fellowship is calling all women-owned engineering businesses.
The fellowship is to support African women entrepreneurs with innovative ideas in science, engineering, technology, manufacturing, and mining. The accelerator invites women visionaries who can meet a development need in their country and turn their ideas into a thriving startup that can change the continent.
The WomHub is an incubator and advisory firm supporting innovation along the STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Manufacturing) value chain, offering business services tailored for female founders.
The Womhub Africa Innovation Fellowship’s aim is to support female-led innovation and to work with female founders. The Incubator supports STEM innovation by providing venture building, virtual and in-person incubators, and accelerator support.
The Africa Innovation Fellowship (AIF), in partnership with the Royal Academy of Engineering, has been focused on developing women-led and owned STEM innovations in sub-Saharan Africa.
Eligibility and Requirements for the Womhub Africa Innovation Fellowship
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must have a registered STEM-based business idea or startup in sub-Saharan Africa.
- Applicant’s business must have developed or be in the early stage to hit the market.
- Applicant’s STEM idea should benefit the environment or country/countries in sub-Saharan Africa.
- Applicants must be an African citizen.
- Applicants should commit to pursuing their entrepreneurial vision.
- Applicants must be ready to go on an eight-month-long from October 2023 to May 2024.
- Applicants must have a valid passport and be available to travel.
- Applicants will demonstrate passion and knowledge in their chosen STEM field.
- Applicants must be willing to participate in the program.
- Applicants must identify as women and must be over 18 years old.
What You Stand to Gain from the Womhub Africa Innovation Fellowship
The following are what you start to benefit from the fellowship:
- Selected applicants will have access to experienced mentors and experts.
- Selected applicants will receive training in business development.
- Selected applicants will have access to a working space equipped with essential resources.
- Selected applicants will connect with their fellows, investors, and potential collaborators.
- Applicants will have opportunities to pitch to potential partners and investors.
- Selected applicants will get exposure to showcase their innovation to a worldwide audience.
Applicants are to upload all supporting documents in the application form.
The deadline for submission of completed applications is on the 5th of October 2023.
For more information, visit the official webpage of the Womhub Africa Innovation Fellowship 2023.