The United Nations World Food Program (WFP) 2023 IGNITE Innovation Hub, Circle Innovation, and DTU Skylab Foodlab, with the support of Care Denmark and the Danish Ministry of Foreign Affairs, are inviting innovators and researchers who have innovations addressing food systems in East Africa. The application is for innovators focused on food systems.
The program encourages applications from youth and women-led innovators from academia or practical experience without registered businesses. This is the second edition of the IGNITE SEED Innovation program in East Africa. The program was created to support research-backed projects focusing on food systems and to give them training support to be able to launch these projects.
Also Read: UNICEF Venture Fund 2024
The ten-month program will focus on entrepreneur innovators in the food system sector to help secure the food industry in East Africa.
Related Post: Apply for the WIPO Global Health Innovation Fellowship
Eligibility and Requirements for the World Food Program (WFP)
The IGNITE SEED Program is seeking research-backed ideas in the food system sector.
- Participants should at least have teams working on the idea in Ethiopia, Kenya, Rwanda, Somalia, and Uganda.
- Participants must have an interest in turning the idea into a venture.
- Participants should be passionate about achieving zero hunger in the food systems.
- Participants will attend activities for the duration of the program and virtual sessions.
- Participants who are female entrepreneurs and non-academic innovators are encouraged to apply.
- Participants should be from; Kenya, Uganda, Rwanda, Ethiopia, and Somalia.
What You Stand to Gain from the World Food Program (WFP)
You will stand to gain the following:
- Selected participants will join the IGNITE SEED Innovation program for ten months and will be able to access their Human Centered Design (HCD) Lab.
- Selected participants will pitch their prototypes to a panel of experts and participate in rigorous business training. Innovation Lab: At the end of the HCD Lab, you will pitch your validated prototype to a panel of experts and get the opportunity to be selected for our intensive business training.
- Qualified participants will go through another 4 months of entrepreneurship and business training.
- Qualified participants will have access to the rich WFP partners that will take their ideas to the next phase.
Application Process for the United Nations World Food Program (WFP) 2023
Applications should be submitted by September 2023 for The United Nations World Food Program (WFP) 2023
For more information, visit the official webpage of The United Nations World Food Program (WFP) 2023