Apply now for the World Justice Challenge 2024 for young changemakers (USD 20,000). The world justice challenge is a global competition with programs supporting activities to promote good practices and impactful initiatives that protect and advance the rule of law.
The World Justice Project invites young changemakers to the 2024 World Justice Challenge, focused on “The Rule of Law Foundation of Democracy.” The Challenge competition invites initiatives that can address the rule of law challenges around the world. The Challenge has a base for successful rule-of-law approaches, raises their strategic visibility, and strengthens an emerging network of rule-of-law champions.
The World Justice Challenge has held two in-person cycles in 2019 and 2022 at the World Justice Forum and one virtual cycle in 2021. Across these cycles, 115 organizations from 58 countries have presented their work as finalists and honorable mentions.
Eligibility and Requirements for the World Justice Challenge
Participants must meet the following:
- Participants are welcome from all around the world as the competition is global and open to applications from any country or territory around the world.
- Participants can be multidisciplinary and from any organizations across sectors, including, but not limited to non-profits, social entrepreneurs, media, multilateral organizations, local and national government bodies and agencies, businesses/private sector enterprises, bar associations, law firms, foundations, and academics.
- Participants with collaborative entries with several organizations are welcome.
- Entries must be submitted in English.
- Entries will be evaluated according to the following criteria: Impact if the initiative has contributed to improving a rule of law and democracy problem, Sustainability, scaling, and Replicability.
What You Stand to Gain from the World Justice Challenge
Selected participants will receive the following:
- The selected five initiatives will receive a cash award (USD 20,000).
- The competition will culminate at an event adjacent to the American Bar Association Annual Meeting on August 3-9, 2024, in Chicago, USA.
- Selected participants will be invited to join the World Justice Challenge Alumni Network for ongoing networking, partnership, visibility, and learning opportunities to support their work.
- Selected participants will be profiled on WJP’s website and social media to promote the visibility and uptake of these promising approaches.
The application deadline is the 31st of January, 2024.
Click here to apply now.
For more information, visit the official webpage of World Justice Challenge 2024.