Apply now for the YALI Regional Leadership Centres (RLCs) 2023. The program intends to encourage using environmentally friendly technologies to manage the energy crisis across the African continent effectively. RLCs in collaboration with Power Africa, are posing a design challenge to women alumni who are active in the energy to support the work of alumni in this sector.
The goal is to promote Africa’s smart solutions for sustainable green energy. Females active within the energy sector are invited to apply. Based on the ideas submitted, 24 outstanding individuals will be selected to participate in the design challenge.
Eligibility and Requirements for the YALI Regional Leadership Centres
Participants must meet the following:
- Participants must have a steady internet to apply for the 12-week program that will be held online starting in the first quarter of 2024.
- Participants must be available for a practical online curriculum centered on green energy, sustainability, and the SDGs.
- Participants will be guided in developing ideas for solutions to the Design Challenge following the Empathise, Define, Ideate, Prototype, and Test approach” in a highly experiential learning format.
- Participants will present their ideas to a panel of judges who will evaluate the best ideas to determine the top three winners.
What You Stand to Gain from the YALI Regional Leadership Centres
Selected participants will receive the following:
- Selected participants will receive nominal funding for their project ideas and six months of coaching to support them in developing prototypes.
- The Alumni will discuss their experiences and deepen their knowledge in the main areas where further sustainability practice and development are needed.
The application deadline is the 15th of December, 2023.
Click here to reach out to Beatrice Munyiva (Alumni Relations Manager RLC EA & YALI Africa Liaison) for additional information.
Click here to apply for the YALI Regional Leadership Centres (RLCs).