Apply now for the Westerwelle Young Founders Program (YFP) 2024. The Westerwelle Young Founders Program is seeking entrepreneurs with high potential for impact and growth to become leaders of a sustainable future.
The Westerwelle Young Founders Program is a six-month fellowship for twenty-five (25) leaders uplifting emerging and developing markets towards a sustainable future, with the criteria below.
Eligibility and Requirements for the Young Founders Program
Participants must meet the following:
- Participants must be citizens or residents of a developing or emerging country.
- Participants must have recently (in the last five years) started a for-profit company focused on developing or emerging markets.
- The participant’s company must possess a scalable business model that has generated revenue or secured a first round of external funding.
- Participants or their businesses must possess disruptive qualities that can increase the industry’s quality, impact, or inclusiveness.
- Participants must have a good command of English Language.
- Participants must be available to attend the digital kick-off conference and can make time to participate in program activities for six months.
What You Stand to Gain from the Young Founders Program
The program will offer targeted support to scale ventures and develop their leadership abilities with the following program plan:
- Participants will have a two-day digital kick-off event that will begin at the beginning of March 2024.
- From March to August, the Young Founders will receive six months of support which includes a personal mentor, monthly peer learning sessions, monthly expert workshops, and networking opportunities with corporates and investors.
- The ten best-performing Young Founders will be invited to a five-day conference in Berlin in June 2025.
- At the conference, the founders will pitch to investors and participate in workshops.
- Selected participants will join networking events and get insights into the German start-up scene.
The application deadline is the 11th of February 2024.
Click here to apply.
For more information, visit the official webpage of the Westerwelle Young Founders Program (YFP) 2024.