Apply now for the Youth Adaptation Solutions YouthADAPT Challenge $USD 100,000, for Scaling Up Gender-Responsive Youth Innovations for Climate Action.
The African Development Bank Group and the Global Center on Adaptation (GCA) are implementing a strategic partnership program, the Africa Adaptation Acceleration Program (AAAP), aimed at mobilizing $25 billion to help scale up and accelerate climate change adaptation actions across Africa.
The main flagship of this program is the YouthAdapt challenge is to empower youth and job creation in climate adaptation and resilience. Under the YouthADAPT program, AAAP is scaling up youth innovations for climate action through the Youth Adaptation (YouthADAPT) Challenge.
This cohort is mainly for female-owned enterprises working on Fourth Industrial Revolution (4IR) technologies and innovations for climate adaptation action in Africa and addressing gender inequality in their solutions.
Examples of 4IR technologies include Artificial Intelligence, Big data analytics, Virtual Reality, Robotics, the Internet of Things, Quantum Computing Technologies, Additive Manufacturing Blockchain, and Fifth-generation Wireless.
Eligibility and Requirements for the YouthADAPT Challenge
Participants must meet the following:
- The entrepreneur must be between the ages of 18 to 35.
- The founder must be of African nationality.
- The business must be legally registered in Africa.
- The business must have generated profits for the last two years.
- The business must demonstrate a direct impact on climate adaptation and resilience.
- The enterprise should be female-owned or 51% of shareholding should be female.
- The innovative solutions must be within the fourth industrial revolution (4IR) technologies.
- Participants must not have any criminal record related to corruption, tax evasion, financial impropriety, felony, or other offenses.
What You Stand to Gain from the YouthADAPT Challenge
Selected participants will receive the following:
- Selected participants will receive grants of up to USD 100,000 per enterprise to support their business growth plans.
- Selected enterprises will participate in a 1-year accelerator program to develop development skills, mentorship, training, and resources to scale up climate adaptation innovations and boost the creation of green jobs.
- Selected participants will get an opportunity to expand their partnership, knowledge sharing, exchange, and learning through a network of youth entrepreneurs in Africa.
- This support will help the enterprises to build their institutional capacity, effectively utilize grants offered, mobilize additional private capital, scale up climate adaptation action at the grassroots level, and create employment opportunities across Africa.
- They will have access to training workshops tailored to provide practical skills in entrepreneurship and climate adaptation mainstreaming.
- Additional support will be provided to selected participants of the YouthADAPT Challenge to these youth entrepreneurs through professional mentorship to help them execute their business growth plans, create jobs, and support the African continental effort toward climate resilience.
The application deadline is on the 5th of November, 2023.
Click here to apply.
For more information, visit the official webpage of the Youth Adaptation Solutions YouthADAPT Challenge.