Apply now for the 2024 Women In Africa for Zero Hunger Program for Nonprofit Organizations (€10,000 Prize). Applications are now open for the 2024 Women In Africa (WIA) Women for Zero Hunger Program.
The program was launched in 2016. WIA Philanthropy is the first inaugural global platform committed to economic development and assistance of African women entrepreneurs. They firmly believe that women across Africa play a significant role in driving positive change and continue to make an impact on the continent’s advancement through their actions.
Stop Hunger works locally with a sustainable approach to create a hunger-free world. The program was established 25 years ago by Sodexo employees. Stop Hunger is a worldwide non-profit network dedicated to eradicating food insecurity. The program focuses on leadership actions that extend beyond simple food aid but include a primary focus on empowering women.
Eligibility and Requirements for the Zero Hunger Program
Participants must meet the following:
- The program is accessible to nonprofit organizations with at least three (3) years of experience.
- The association must be African or active in an African country.
- The association must work in at least one African Anglophone and/or Francophone country.
- Participants’ quality of the “solution” should be showcased, including the scalability of the “solution”.
- Participant’s solution must primarily benefit women or girls.
What You Stand to Gain from the Zero Hunger Program
Selected participants will receive the following:
- Three (3) participants will be selected.
- Each participant will receive €10,000.
- At the end of the mentoring period, one of the three finalist organizations will be chosen by the jury members based on pre-established criteria and will be invited to the annual Stop Hunger evening in Paris to receive the Stop Hunger trophy.
- The three (3) selected participants will take part in a 6-month personalized mentoring program run by Stop Hunger and WIA Philanthropy.
- Selected participants will receive mentorship that will help refine their skills and strategies.
The application deadline is the 16th of February, 2024.
Click here to apply.
For more information, visit the official webpage of the Women In Africa for Zero Hunger Program.