Have you been experiencing any challenges in creating and managing invoices or bills for your business? Yes, the task can be demanding and time-consuming; you have to track payments, itemize charges, and calculate taxes on every sale. However, with a free invoice or bill generator, you won’t have to spend so much time doing these things anymore.
An invoice generator is an essential tool every business owner should utilize to make billing processes easier and faster. Using your web browser with a free bill generator, you can quickly create bills, create client profiles, and add expenses, payment options, and your business logo.
You can also deliver the bill to your client directly from the invoice generator. In addition, a bill generator will give you a free template to work with, so you don’t miss out on important information. There are many bill generators with free plans that can perform excellently and take care of most of your billing tasks; this guide discusses the best of them.
ZipBooks is an exceptional cloud-based free bill generator; it is suitable for all kinds of businesses because it offers most of the basic billing functions like expense and time tracking. In addition, it has a simple user interface that is easy to use and has an automotive design.
ZipBooks offers some unique and amazing features, including an invoice quality score which shows you the importance of each detail. In addition, ZipBooks allows you to connect to a single bank account and track vendor and customer details so you can get paid faster.
You can access ZipBooks services with a free Starter plan that allows you to send unlimited bills, manage unlimited vendors and customers, and accept digital payment.
If you need more features, you can opt for a paid plan. For example, ZipBook offers two paid plans; the Smarter plan for five team members and the Sophisticated plan for unlimited team members.
The Smarter plan costs $15 per month, and it offers everything in the Starter plan plus recurring bill scheduling, time tracking, and the ability to save bill line items. The Sophisticated plan, on the hand, costs $35 per month, and it offers everything in the Smarter plan plus the ability to tag by location and customize your chart of accounts.
- ZipBooks offers unlimited bills.
- It has a simple user interface.
- Allows you to set late payment reminders.
- It provides time and project tracking tools.
- Integration with other popular apps.
- ZipBooks also provides accurate invoice quality scores.
- The bills are highly customizable.
- The free plan requires you to type in the billing details every time.
- The mobile app is only available on iOS.
- It has no inventory management feature.
- You will need to manually adjust the invoice form for sales tax.
Square is a very efficient and user-friendly invoice generator. It is suitable for almost all e-commerce platforms making it an excellent choice for your business if you wish to accept online or point-of-sale (POS) payments.
Square also allows you to schedule automatic payments, send estimates, share contract templates with your bills, create recurring bills, and schedule later-dated invoices.
In addition, Square has an easy-to-use and accessible mobile app that allows you to process many bills no matter where you are, including sending payment reminders, tracking the status of payments, sending digital estimates, and accepting payment.
On this platform, it is free to send unlimited estimates and bills to your clients or customers; however, when you accept credit or debit card payments, you may be required to pay a processing fee of 2.6% and 10 cents for each transaction.
- You can send unlimited estimates and bills for free.
- It allows you to set automatic payment reminders.
- You can also schedule recurring and future invoices.
- It offers e-commerce capabilities for sales.
- Allows you to customize your bill.
- It has an excellent mobile app.
- Square allows you to save frequently used information in an item library.
- Limited bill customization options.
- it has limited reporting.
- you will not be able to edit a bill after it is marked as paid.
If you need an easy-to-use free bill generator that will allow you to send unlimited bills, estimates, quotes, etc., to your clients or customers, Sunrise is the best platform for you. This bill generator allows you to set up payment reminders for overdue and recurring bills, so you don’t miss out on anything.
Sunrise also has a customizable template that enables you to easily add preferred colors and your logo. The ability to customize bills with your business logo makes Sunrise a great platform for freelancers and small businesses. It also has a client portal where your customers or clients can view their invoices and make payments independently.
Sunrise offers a free service plan for starters and a paid plan with additional features called the Sunrise plus. The Sunrise plus is available at $14.99 monthly and has a 14-day free trial for first-time payments.
This Sunrise plus plan features an automatic expense categorization, multiple businesses and users, cash flow alerts and insights, and payment integrations with PayPal, Square, and Stripe.
- Sunrise supports unlimited users.
- It offers customizable bills.
- It features a complete bookkeeping system.
- The mobile app is available for Android and iOS.
- You can add late fees to bills.
- Provides time and project tracking tools.
- It supports multiple currencies.
- It features just one invoice template.
- Limited reports are available.
- Sales tax calculations are sometimes difficult.
- Inability to bill expenses to projects or customers.
PayPal is currently one of the most popular online payment platforms, it is easy to use and mobile-friendly. PayPal allows you to create and send bills free on any device with a stable internet connection.
The invoicing system is configured to work perfectly on PCs or mobile phones; once you log in, you will see an invoice tab, then, you can simply enter the details of your invoice.
PayPal features automatic payment reminders and invoice templates, plus it allows you to issue refunds and review account activity quickly. However, you will need a business account to access these invoicing features on PayPal.
It is absolutely free to access the PayPal platform, create an account, send invoices and transfer money to linked bank accounts. However, if you want an instant money transfer, you will be charged up to $10. In addition, PayPal processes transactions with a 2.9% fee and 30 cents for each transaction.
- PayPal supports batch invoicing.
- Offers customizable bills.
- Allows you to send unlimited invoices.
- Supports recurring payments and invoice status tracking.
- The software provides top-notch security.
- It can be integrated with other platforms and marketplaces.
- It also supports multiple currencies.
- Your customers do not need a PayPal account to send you money.
- PayPal takes several days to process a free bank transfer and charges a 1% fee for an instant transfer.
- Your account can be suspended anytime, resulting in frozen funds, and you might also experience many limitations.
Are you a small business owner who invoices frequently? Invoice Ninja is one of the best free invoice generators for small businesses and freelancers because of its ability to accommodate bulk invoicing and its many other amazing features.
It allows you to set up automatic payment reminders for recurring bills, and you can manage up to 100 clients with the free plan. The free plan also features unlimited bills, auto-billing, branded invoices, direct payment integration, and time tracking.
Invoice Ninja has a drawback that makes some business owners uncomfortable with their services; every bill you create with the free plan will have a “Created by Invoice Ninja” watermark.
So if you are not okay with this watermark on all your bills, you can opt for a paid plan at $10 per month. With the paid plan, you can manage unlimited clients, send invoices without the Invoice Ninja watermark and have unrestricted access to 10 professional invoice templates.
Invoice Ninja also features a more advanced paid plan; the Enterprise plan, at $14 per month. This Enterprise plan offers advanced bill customizations, up to 20 users, unlimited clients, and no watermark on invoices.
- It offers efficient project management tools.
- Accept multiple payment options like PayPal, credit cards, Bitcoin, and automated clearing house (ACH).
- It also supports various languages and currencies.
- Its user-friendly client portal allows them to view bills and make payments independently.
- It allows users to set up automatic payments for recurring bills.
- Invoice Ninja will enable you to create one-click pay invoices for your clients.
- It has a mobile app for both Android and iOS.
- There are no inventories.
- The free account bills come with an Invoice Ninja watermark.
- Invoice Ninja offers limited reports.
Creating and sending invoices or bills is the most recurring and important task in any business. However, doing this without a bill generator can slow down your business operations and give room for many errors. While there are many paid invoice generators that will offer some vital features, you can also try using a free one until your business can afford a paid platform.
The free bill generators on this guide allow you to create professional invoices and some of them will let you customize your invoice with your business logo, custom fields, and contact information. So if you are looking for a free invoice generator for your business, one of them is the best option for you. Since these invoice generators, all have similar and some unique features, simply choose the one that best suits your business needs.